1)Heart Pillow

I was thinking, after looking at this craft again, that it would be really cute to do for St Patrick's Day too; a clover would look adorable! I simply bought a bag of similar color button and sewed it on one half of a piece of fabric in the shape of a heart. A quick way of hand stitching the buttons on is by quadrupling up your thread so you don't have to secure the button so many times. Then I just sewed it into a pillow.
2) Owl Heart Pillow/ Tooth Pillow

I wanted to make the girls something special for Valentine's Day that had hearts on it and would last a long time. I'm not sure why, but it seems like owl show up around this holiday and they always have a heart shaped breast and I thought I'd just run with it. Next thing I know, I'm staring and my left over batting from the pillows I'd just made and a pile of felt and I just started cutting and sewing. Before long, in less than a nap time, I had made a cute little owl pillow toy. I made the little heart on their chests a pocket. I thought these would be adorable tooth pillows for the tooth fairy some day. So yay... two crafts in one!
Adorable owls! I just made a "tooth" shaped tooth fairy, but I think I like your owls better! Good job!
ReplyDelete