June 24, 2013

sitting room and master bath

After the doors, I figured it was about time to get on the sitting room off my bedroom.  After all the painting we did last year, I had left this room and my bedroom untouched.  I couldn't lift another paintbrush to save my life!  But... I did it.  It took me two days of painting nonstop to do the trip and all the walls.  I just finished this room so I'm not sure what kind of theme I'm going to with here.  I just know it looks one million and ten times better than it did before.  It's one of my new favorite rooms because of the brightness, the breeze through the double windows and the balcony.  I have a swatch of fabric draped over my chair there.  I can't decide for sure if that's what I want to use to reupholster the chair or not.  You will have to check back to see what I do with this room!

before

after

before
after

Our master bathroom is right off teh sitting room and our bedroom.  Months ago I took one of the many shade of gray I had samples of and decided to paint the cabinets on a whim.  Again, I did this while J was at work so he had no say in my mini makeover.  We also replaced the mirrors and changed the wall color to a nice neutral beige.  All paint colors are listed on my home page.

before

after




before


after



2 comments:

  1. Hi, just found your blog. Did you make the necklace holder? If so, how did you do it? I have been looking for something that wouldn't look bad hanging and I really like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cris! Yes, I did make it and have step by step instructions right here: http://roofaboveus.blogspot.com/2012/07/window-decorating.html

    ReplyDelete