February 22, 2013

Late Valentine's Day

I know my Valentine's Day posting are super late and no help to anyone looking to decorate now.  Hopefully this inspires you to do something for next year's special day of love!

 photo IMG_3518_zps54fc78b8.jpg
I have been saving all my jars from cooking to come up with this sweet design.  I was actually playing around with some stuff for an up coming wedding but decided to use this as part of my Spring decor this year.

 photo IMG_3517_zpsf930cea4.jpg


 photo IMG_3516_zpsd4cf4ba7.jpg
This maybe took me a whole hour to do.  I just cut a few triangles out of left over linen and  stamped three different color hearts on each triangle with a paint brush and acrylic paint.  I simply hot glued the triangles to yarn and hung this from my mantel.
 photo IMG_3512_zpsed5558ff.jpg
I had some left over curtain fabric from the pillows I made at Christmas.  I traced a giant heart, sewed red fabric underneath in the heart shape and cut the tan fabric out just inside the stitching to reveal the hearts.  Easy Peasy Slipcovers!
 photo IMG_3511_zpsb42b1c62.jpg
Now this guy took me forever!!!  Although this project was simple, making all the crepe paper roses and burning myself on hot glue was hardly worth the effort!  I planned on making two more smaller ones but opted out and I'll save that for next year.  Instead of purchasing Styrofoam balls, I just rolled up newspaper and taped it in a ball shape with making tape to save money.  This cost me $140 minus 40% with a coupon from Hobby Lobby.
 photo IMG_3510_zps210a27d8.jpg
A close up of my quickly strewn together Vday decor
 photo IMG_3509_zpsd1703a01.jpg
Add caption
 photo IMG_3508_zps31b7bddd.jpg
I printed this Q out on some vintage sheet music I had.  DO you have any idea how hard it is to find anything with a Q on it???
 photo IMG_3507_zps41861011.jpg
For this beauty, I just collected a bunch of Q monograms from the internet and  pasted them all on a word document.  I put a sheet from an old book in the printer and TA-DA... art!!
 photo IMG_3506_zpse6df8e0e.jpg
I glued a Q I painted with black paint on an old frame I lined with  burlap
 photo IMG_3503_zpsa42e8759.jpg
My mantel
 photo IMG_3497_zps9b847f01.jpg
I pulled an old swimming noodle out of the trash and bound torn strips of linen around the noodle.  My kids have three bow and arrow sets that drive me nuts so I stole an arrow for this project.  That's one less arrow I'm getting shot with...
 photo IMG_3493_zps809c5371.jpg
My formal mantel

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for every other informative web site. The place else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a mission that I’m simply now working on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.
    קבלן איטום

    ReplyDelete
  2. איטום גג

    איטומים - מתמחה במגוון עבודות איטום כגון: איטום גגות, קירות חיצוני

    איטומים - מתמחה במגוון עבודות איטום כגון: איטום גגות, קירות חיצוניים, יריעות ביטומניות, זיפות ועוד. בין החברות המקצועיות ביותר בישראל בשירותי איטום ובידוד מבנים.
    website: www.itumim.com

    ReplyDelete