December 9, 2012

guest room to dining room

One of the main problems with our house (on a long list of problems) was that it lacked a dining room.  Soooooo many bedrooms but no dining room!  Well, my amazing hubby made my vision come to life with a simple ceiling medallion for the chandelier I bought and another archway!  Check out the before and after on this one!
BEFORE!!!

AFTER:
Here is our lovely new archway that leads you into the dining room.

This is a goodwill find!  Once an ugly brass lamp, now a lovely centerpiece in my dining room due to a can of metallic bronzed spray paint!


I love this gallery wall!  I loved it soooooo much that I took the frames from my guest room to recreate it in my dining room so I could see it every day!  I took a few old book pages and printed Christmas silhouettes on to them from the computer for the holidays. 

Here's a close up of the Santa silhouette. 

I love this silhouette because it reminds me of my sister and brother growing up.

All the furniture in the dining room are antiques passed down from generation to generation through my family.  Even though I'm not necessarily a fan of light wood or round tables, there's no way I will be painting or re-staining these pieces.  I do plan on changing out the fabric on the seats to coordinate with the gray and gold I have used in this room though.

Can you believe I got this Spode China at Goodwill for .59 a piece?!?!?  The Spode cookies for Santa and milk for Santa cup were also a Goodwill find for $1 new in the box at Goodwill!

Wthl all the Spode for Christmas, I had to purchase this new Spode Christmas table cloth for $20 at Home Goods.  Still a deal since it was listed on Ebay for $60.

I bought a plain card board house from Hobby Lobby to make this gingerbread house.  I added a coat of brown paint and put mod podge on it after it dried.  The sheen came from the glitter I sprinkled on the glue.

To make the icing around the doors and windows, I just stole my hubby's caulk gun.  Some simple candy left over from Halloween and a real graham cracker for the door and I had myself a realistic decoration I can use year after year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment