December 5, 2012

Exterior paint

The thing I really did not like about this house when we bought it was the weird orange-ish trim they had around all the windows and the eve of the roof.  It was ugly.  But the landscaping was so bad and over grown that it wasn't hardly noticeable until after I spent all Summer chopping bushes down and moving plants.  One of the projects I did this fall was paint the trim around the windows and I picked a different color for all the front door, back doors and balcony doors.  Hopefully next summer we will be able to repaint the stucco a different color to complete the look.  Here's the before and after:

I got excited when I bought the paint and started in before I realized I didn't have a picture of the front door. The color I chose for this project was Behr cracked pepper.


The existing porch lights got lost with all the beige going on with the house.  Here's whet they looked like before a simple coat of black spray paint.


Beautiful!!!



The chair pictured below was a $3 Goodwill find and a can of apple red glossy spray paint.  I'm going to distress the chair after Christmas to tone it down a bit but for the holidays, I love how bright it is.


In this photo, you can see the orange color of the trim surrounding the windows and on the eves.  YUCK!!!
 

All the garland I made myself from the trees in our backyard.  It took a significant amount of time but was quite easy and well worth my effort I think.  There's nothing quite like real pine garland and it smells amazing!  The urns are just stuffed with various branches and then topped with fake poinsettia stems and pine cones from the backyard as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment