September 24, 2012

Busy.... simplified

One thing that happens to me on a regular basis is that I make something and then decide I don't like it or that it needs to change to fit my needs.  You may remember my post on the chore charts I created for the kids HERE.  Well, at first, these were great and worked exactly like I had hoped.  But then, school started and schedules got more complex and I needed more.  So, I took some pretty scrapbook paper, my hot glue gun and some ribbon and got busy. This is what I came up with:


You will notice, that now, each child has a weekly dry erase calendar.  My family calendar is swamped with things and this way I can keep Dad straight with who needs what during the school week as well as keep up with all the random things H needs for school.  I also have a small spot for a photo of each child (currently substituted with a random picture) next to their names.  Below their names is a magnetic 8.5 x 11 area to clip worksheets for school or important reminders.  At the bottom is their chore chart right within their reach.  For the lettering, again I used stickers, and I trimmed the separate areas with ribbon to give the charts a clean look.



No comments:

Post a Comment