March 1, 2012

The Kids' Rooms Unveiled

Since we still have the entire house to redo, this is as good as the kids' rooms are going to get for now. Minus the absence of the closet doors and bedroom doors, of course! J still has those drying in the basement. I'm beginning to feel like waiting for paint to dry has become the story of my life! But, I was up at 4:30 am excited to hang the last things on the walls. There are some small art projects I will come back and add. I want to redo E's lamp shade and I haven't found the kids' books yet. But you get the point. oh, and for whatever reason, when they designed this house, they felt it was a good idea not to have any over head lighting upstairs. Hmmm.... whatever. I will be teaching myself how to do this soon so I can install the chandeliers I bought. Nevertheless, without further ado, here the rooms await H and E's return from Florida:

E'S ROOM:
REMEMBER, THIS WAS BEFORE:

THESE ARE ALL ANGLES AFTER:
(Notice the stuffed animal racks. Those are actually hanging planter baskets. I saw this on Better Homes and Garden several months ago. I love how it turned out!)




I WILL BE ADDING PICTURES TO THIS WALL:




ANOTHER SHOT OF HER BED:


H's ROOM:
HERE IS BEFORE: (Oh my God, YUCK!)



HERE IT IS AFTER: (never mind the mess in the hallway!)










Here are a few close ups of the hanging planter baskets I used in E's and H's room. And yes, I know the outlet cover is missing. I have to run out and buy new ones for every outlet in the house still! :)




2 comments:

  1. H misses the bookcase in her room and wants to know what she will have in place of it!!! They both are excited to see them in person so enjoy how they look now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, she has a bookcase built into the nightstand. All the other books will be downstairs in the playroom!

    ReplyDelete