March 13, 2012

Just a Month Late...

I'm still working on getting those 3 rooms put together But it's taking much longer than I had anticipated. I'm also stuck in a creative block which seems to happen on Tuesdays. Since all three rooms look like piles of half emptied boxes and I've only got enough frames to hang two pictures on the walls right now, I thought I'd go retro and introduce a few Valentine's crafts I did a while back.

1)Heart Pillow



I was thinking, after looking at this craft again, that it would be really cute to do for St Patrick's Day too; a clover would look adorable! I simply bought a bag of similar color button and sewed it on one half of a piece of fabric in the shape of a heart. A quick way of hand stitching the buttons on is by quadrupling up your thread so you don't have to secure the button so many times. Then I just sewed it into a pillow.

2) Owl Heart Pillow/ Tooth Pillow



I wanted to make the girls something special for Valentine's Day that had hearts on it and would last a long time. I'm not sure why, but it seems like owl show up around this holiday and they always have a heart shaped breast and I thought I'd just run with it. Next thing I know, I'm staring and my left over batting from the pillows I'd just made and a pile of felt and I just started cutting and sewing. Before long, in less than a nap time, I had made a cute little owl pillow toy. I made the little heart on their chests a pocket. I thought these would be adorable tooth pillows for the tooth fairy some day. So yay... two crafts in one!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable owls! I just made a "tooth" shaped tooth fairy, but I think I like your owls better! Good job!

    ReplyDelete