March 19, 2012

Dirty Dirty Dirty

In case you're wondering where I've been, duty calls outside the home right now. However, after work today, I found myself knee deep in a mess of a mess. There's only one room I've put off cleaning in the whole entire house until now. And, if you know me and you've been over before, you would know that I get totally creeped out by the in-law suit bathroom. I almost feel like it's haunted, but not or maybe it's just knowing that these people were the dirtiest of the whole group and bathrooms are... well, they are DIRTY!!!
I began cleaning the linoleum flooring and that's about as far as I got today. I reached a point where I just wanted to cry because I felt like I was being punished. I swear to God, I know that that floor has not ever been cleaned. NOT EVER!! Not once in 9 years had it been cleaned; it was so unbelievably dirty that I did not even anticipate the filth. Have I gotten my point across? I'm not even trying to be dramatic; it just brought me to tears having to clean up after someone else like this.
I started with my Shark steam mop. FAIL! I sprayed the whole floor down with white vinegar. Fail! I shook borax all over the floor and scrubbed it a third time. Fail! I didn't want to do it, but I reached a breaking point when I opened the bathroom cabinets for the first time and it looked like a nasty hairy man had crawled inside and shaved his body, leaving his hair in EVERY drawer. I really did cry this time and ran for the bleach. Straight bleach. I dumped it on the floor and spent the next hour losing my sense of smell, eyes burning, scrubbing up the deeply embedded dirt. I did leave two windows open but I still have a headache from the chemicals. And after all that, I still wouldn't eat off that floor! I followed the bleach with another round of steam cleaning and called it quits to work on something else.
I'll post pictures of the bathroom tomorrow when I tackle it and Mr Shaved Body's hair again.
My other project was settling on the final design for our new kitchen island. This was not anticipated so soon but one of our major design stores in Ohio is going out of business. So heads up Columbus, Ohio!!! The Great Indoors at Polaris Parkway is going out of business and starts it's liquidation May 15. Right now the sales are great, especially on granite! After seeing the prices, we couldn't say no and jumped into this project unexpectedly. We bought the granite and sped off looking for someone to do our cabinets. Props to "Keith" at Home Depot in New Albany for that. He quote unquote said to us, "Don't worry, I don't design things that suck". With that, I spit my ideas out and he made them come to life. Here are my inspiration photos for our future kitchen.

OUR KITCHEN:
The next 3 pictures are from the first time I viewed the house:







This is what it currently looks like:




INSPIRATION PHOTOS:








No comments:

Post a Comment