February 1, 2012

Welcome to A Roof Above

This is the first post of many yet to come as I make my transition into my forever home. I've never lived in a house (other than my parents') for any longer than three years due to schooling or roommates or whatever but, FINALLY, my husband and I have bought the house we will grow old in. A little about the new home: It is by no means my dream home! The house was custom built in 2003 for a family and their parents. Basically, think two reasonable sized homes smooched together. Even then, the spacial arrangement is quite strange in that there is no formal dining room, an average sized kitchen with enormous appliances, including almost a 6' by 6' pantry, a tiny family room, an unfinished basement and a large bonus room over the garage that only has one entry through the master bedroom.
I have created this blog to document our journey of turning a house into a home with tips on how we did it ourselves and before and after projects. I have been inspired by pinterest.com in the past few months and hope I can inspire my readers as well as share our progress with friends and family that live far away. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment