February 25, 2012

New this week...

This week doesn't feel like I've gotten a lot done because of having to run errands and compare prices. You know, thing like curtain rods and window treatments, purchases and returns, trial and error etc... Here's a teaser of what's yet to come though!
In my bathrooms, I have two windows over each garden tub that are corner windows. Instead of ordinary window treatments and blinds... I'm thinking stained glass. That way, the light shines in but I still have privacy at all hours. Here is a peak at my sample window as I devise the best method of getting the look I want!


I have actually NEVER painted furniture before! I've been reading up on the best methods of painting furniture for that glossy Pottery Barn look and I've already learned more than I've read. Here's part of the dresser project I'm working on too:


Here is a DIY project for the kids' bathroom coming soon.



J thinks I have ADHD because I work on multiple projects at one time. I think he has ADHD because he can't carry a 2-minute conversation without forgetting he was talking to me or being distracted by a beer commercial. SO, here's another hint of a project I'm brainstorming up using anaglypta:


I took an afternoon to make some art for the playroom too. Can you guess what I will be doing with this silhouette?




Here is also my inspiration for H's room and progress on how my vision is coming together. Please understand, when H asked for a blue room, it was very hard to picture a blue little girl's room! However, it is becoming my favorite room so far:
I LOVE THIS ROOM FROM POTTERY BARN:


ORIGINAL ROOM:



PAINTING THROUGH THAT THINK PAINT BORDER:


NOW COMES THAT BEAUTIFUL PALE BLUE:


OH YEAH... $25 AT HOBBY LOBBY!!!


AND HERE IS ANOTHER PROJECT I'M ABOUT TO TACKLE!
I found this bed on Craigslist for next to nothing and it's solid mahogany and weighs a ton! This purchase is most exciting because I didn't realize my inspiration photo was a sleigh bed and finally, both my children have headboards! This photo is what the room looked like when I went to bed tonight.


E's room is just about done and I have things hanging on her walls now. This weekend we are borrowing a contractor friend's spray machine to get all the oak trim in the house painted white. Then it's back to painting walls and the above projects. I will have to wait until daylight to take pictures of the rooms for better images. I can't wait to share more soon!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this blog! LOVE H's room! OMG I can't wait to see the finished project! PLEASE videotape their faces when they see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's taking forever for paint to dry so I can't post many pictures right now since all I do is paint! I really think it's coming together well and I get more and more excited with every project!

    ReplyDelete